My photo
Grew up in the Church of Jesus Christ and Latter Day Saints and Roman Catholic traditions, including a stint at a Catholic school; somewhat sadly, before the point at which young women (people - not the misogynist Mormon class) wore kilts. Attended church until a teen, but held atheist sentiments from a young age, despite being in a family full of believers. This is a place for my thoughts regarding religion on both a personal level and relating to the world, of which I am a member... And Mormons say journals are a good thing :)

February 5, 2008

Murdering Mormons

I got an interesting response, posted on my main YouTube page, after putting up the video from the previous post.

jacobzzzon
"I wonder why some people use so much of there time to tell other Christians tings like:
- You are not Christian, even thou you have a personal relation to him.
- The Book of Mormon is false, even if you havn´t read it.
- Dont let mormons keep there sacred parts holy, lets defile it...
Some people even say that they do it because they love the mormons.... come on!?
Some people even claim to do it in the name of Christ...
Do you realy believe you can help anyone by twisting the truth?"


I, not even bringing up how I'm not an 'other Christian' (as is plainly evident on my info page), replied:

"dude, i'm not warping the truth. there are mormons (just like there are people in just about every religion or other social group) who commit horrible acts of violence.

it's not hard to find info showing that the people in my video are, or at least were, mormons (and in the case of one convert, it didn't say if he sent in his resignation papers, so he'd still technically be lds (just very inactive))"

As for his stance on saying something is false even if you haven't read it, I agree to a point; however if (like me) you've read parts and been preached/lectured to about the book as a whole, I think you are able to say to a probable degree of veracity that the Bible and Book of Mormon are bullshit.

No comments: