My photo
Grew up in the Church of Jesus Christ and Latter Day Saints and Roman Catholic traditions, including a stint at a Catholic school; somewhat sadly, before the point at which young women (people - not the misogynist Mormon class) wore kilts. Attended church until a teen, but held atheist sentiments from a young age, despite being in a family full of believers. This is a place for my thoughts regarding religion on both a personal level and relating to the world, of which I am a member... And Mormons say journals are a good thing :)

January 29, 2009

LDS Lockup

Trapped in a Mormon Gulag

A 15 year old was forcibly removed from his grandmothers home in the early hours of the morning for *gasp* being unenthusiastic about attending church and not going to seminary, and was taken to a 'ranch' where the senator(!!) told him "three years might not be enough for you. I can have a judge order you to be here until you are 21"

The story gets more shocking from there.... Only in Utah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.