My photo
Grew up in the Church of Jesus Christ and Latter Day Saints and Roman Catholic traditions, including a stint at a Catholic school; somewhat sadly, before the point at which young women (people - not the misogynist Mormon class) wore kilts. Attended church until a teen, but held atheist sentiments from a young age, despite being in a family full of believers. This is a place for my thoughts regarding religion on both a personal level and relating to the world, of which I am a member... And Mormons say journals are a good thing :)

October 4, 2008

Rapture Right Aint Right

I came across a YouTube boycott plea against the Religulous movie (stupid, but not the topic of this blog entry) From there I found the makers website, which had Proof that Jesus Was and Is White as the newest entry.

Their argument is based on the premise that "Heaven is mostly made of feathery white clouds with rays of light shooting through them" and is "much closer to the sun than living on the Earth" so Jesus *must* be white! And apparently "white skin prevents you from getting cancer in Heaven"

Of course, I had to reply:

"People who live closer to the equator and are exposed to more sun are darker skinned to protect themselves from the potentially deadly rays. Their DARK “skin prevents [them] from getting cancer”

/ Grade school science (well, at least in my non-American country) lesson

And did you ever think that the reason why Jesus is depicted as white is because the paintings are made by white people who live in predominately white nations, or nations taken over by whites? …And before you assume anything about my race, I’m white myself."


Though maybe I'm wrong... Black skin is a curse from God after all, and Heaven is so drastically different from Earth, so maybe black people are more likely to get cancer then white people. You can't believe those scientists anyways, since they don't believe the earth is 6000 years old.

And this video is proof that they are True Christians. Yuppers!



Please; someone tell me this is all a joke

3 comments:

C. L. Hanson said...

That article about Jesus being white has got to be a joke! (It's too funny to be real...)

Nomoxian said...

I've heard people use that argument in real life, but hopefully they're taking on that in a humorous manner.

I admit the first time I saw statues of Jesus and Mary being depicted as black, I went "wtf?!" (I was a kid, but still)

Mark Eaton said...

A great post....I look forward to reading more.