My photo
Grew up in the Church of Jesus Christ and Latter Day Saints and Roman Catholic traditions, including a stint at a Catholic school; somewhat sadly, before the point at which young women (people - not the misogynist Mormon class) wore kilts. Attended church until a teen, but held atheist sentiments from a young age, despite being in a family full of believers. This is a place for my thoughts regarding religion on both a personal level and relating to the world, of which I am a member... And Mormons say journals are a good thing :)

September 20, 2007

Neoteric Novels

With no internet access currently, I have time to do some reading. I haven't gotten around to these books yet, but they seem really interesting and I've been looking forward to reading them since before they were released.

Leaving Fundamentalism looks at the personal testimonies of ex-True Believers, from a Christian perspective.

God Hates Fags: The Rhetorics of Religious Violence shows how culture allows for change, through the use of negativity which activists counter with positive force.

No comments: