My photo
Grew up in the Church of Jesus Christ and Latter Day Saints and Roman Catholic traditions, including a stint at a Catholic school; somewhat sadly, before the point at which young women (people - not the misogynist Mormon class) wore kilts. Attended church until a teen, but held atheist sentiments from a young age, despite being in a family full of believers. This is a place for my thoughts regarding religion on both a personal level and relating to the world, of which I am a member... And Mormons say journals are a good thing :)

July 16, 2011

Outspoken Opponent

I just found out about Helmuth Hübener and was touched about his life story. It reminded me of the unquestioning attitudes which led to very negative ends, as well as the strength some had in spite of it.

I recall hearing (and later, having it confirmed when reading the secret/sacred manual released by Wikilinks) that The Church says you should "follow the law of the land" When I asked whether that included laws that were unjust, I was informed that it's not 'our' position to get involved in the affairs of other nation states. I was also told that "God is forgiving". Apparently even Hitler can go to to the Telestial Kingdom (so if the Mormon church is true I will probably be in the same place as him!)


8 January 1925 – 27 October 1942


"Those who would sacrifice liberty for 'security' deserve neither" - Though it doesn't seem as if you need to do much to secure your place outside of Outer Darkness.

1 comment:

Proxy Dude said...

very interesting post.